October 8, 2012 by alunparry
10 Week Course: How To Tell Your Own Life Story
Starting next Monday (15th October) I will be teaching a 10 week course on how to tell your own life story, called Life Lines.
No writing skills are needed. It’s not a writing course, although you may well find yourself doing some writing if you choose to. But you can tell your own life story in lots of ways.
This course uses a proven method of memory triggers and conversational workshops to allow you to recall and tell your story.
The course focuses on collecting scenes rather than trying to tell a “from birth” timeline. So we do it just like the movie directors do.
It’s lots of fun and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
The course is being run by the Workers Educational Association, but designed by me personally.
It will cost £62 in total – or free to many of you (see below).
It takes place every Monday at 2pm til 4pm at The Door on Hanover Street (just next to Radio Merseyside) starting from Monday 15th October.
You can turn up on the day but enrolling here now guarantees your place.
Please can you share this with your friends and contacts.
Full fee remission is available if one of the following applies to you:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Council Tax Benefit (single person council tax discount is not an eligible benefit)
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit (household income of less than £15,276)
- Pension Guarantee Credit (if you have an award notice)
- Asylum Seeker (if you have been granted temporary admission and have a national Asylum Support Scheme award notice – document IS96 from the immigration service).
- Unwaged dependent of someone on one of the above (Please note: if you are claiming from the Learner Support Fund evidence of this benefit is required